Shiloh Baptist Church
Important Voting Information
Shiloh Baptist Church is scheduled to conduct an official Vote of Affirmation on Saturday, August 7, 2021, from 9am – 5:30pm. This vote is to affirm the Senior Pastor candidate selected by the Pulpit Search Team to be the 10th Pastor of Shiloh.
Voting will be run using the online platform Election Runner. To give members an opportunity to practice how the vote will be conducted, a Mock Vote will be held on Saturday, July 17, 2021, from 9am – 5:30pm.
In order to participate in the Mock Vote and the Vote of Affirmation, all active members MUST register in advance. Registration opens Sunday, July 11, 2021 and members only need to register one time.
All members must be registered by 5pm on Saturday, July 31st in order to participate in the official Vote of Affirmation. For the Mock Vote, registration will need to be received by 5pm on Thursday July 14th
- To register online, go to Shiloh’s website (shilohplainfield.org) and click on the “Vote of Affirmation Registration” button located on the homepage.
- For the online registration form, each active member will need to provide their first name, last name, email address, and envelope number. NOTE: members in the same household cannot use the same email address; each member MUST have their own email address in order to receive an electronic voting ballot.
- Members without internet access or email may register by calling the church office at 908-754-3353 ext. 101, to request an accommodation.
Mock Vote and Vote of Affirmation Instructions:
- Online registrants will receive an email prior to the Mock Vote and the Vote of Affirmation. The subject header will read: “Your Invitation to Vote.” NOTE: If you do not see this message in your Inbox, check other folders including Spam, Junk, Bulk, Promotions and Social.
- This email will contain your unique and secure Voter ID and Voter Key.
- To cast your vote, simply click on the blue “Click Here to Vote” box located within the email. Select your choice, hit “Submit Vote”, and then click “Yes” to confirm you want to submit your ballot.
- Members requesting an accommodation will receive further instructions on how to cast their ballot by phone.
If you run into problems while you are participating in the vote, members of the Pulpit Search Team will be available to assist you by calling the church at 908-754-3353 ext. 101.